Phoenix.pm: Apache question

Shay Harding mekla at geocities.com
Wed Nov 17 19:37:46 CST 1999

> Sorry this is not a Perl question...
>
> Also sorry that I wasn't able to attend the meeting last night.
>
> I have  a client whose web site is on a server that is run as a hobby.  The
> SSI's are not getting parsed.  The server is running Apache 1.3.6 (I think).
> How does apache have to be configured so as to parse for SSI's?  If anyone
> can tell me, I'd appreciate it.  (if you answer, please keep in mind my lack
> of Apache experience...)
>
> Thanks!
>
> Tim

As far as I know you have to add the following to your httpd.conf file. You
will also need to set a directory to run them out of. Not sure if you can do
this to the DocumentRoot or not? Basically here is an example:

Alias /jini1_1/ "/var/jini1_1/"

<Directory "/var1/jini1_1">
    Options Indexes Includes ExecCGI
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

#
# To use server-parsed HTML files
#
AddType text/html .shtml
AddHandler server-parsed .shtml

This will allow http:/www.server.com/jini1_1/ to run CGI's and SSI's. The
#exec directive is enabled in this example. If you want to disable this then
replace 'Includes' with 'IncludesNOEXEC'.

I believe that is all there is to it. Make the changes and restart Apache.

Shay