Phoenix.pm: Hello...

Pablo Velasquez pablo at dosomething.org
Thu Dec 16 15:31:22 CST 1999

Just to add on here, when I began reading up on Perl I tried a couple of
books, all good, such as Programming Perl (which was a bit too much for me
as a "beginner"). Then I went down a notch to "Learning Perl on Win32",
which was also a great book. Then I bought another book called "Perl by
Example", here's an amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0136556892/o/qid=945376061/sr=8-1/002
-2473373-5686605

Of the 3 books I read as I began the Perl voyage, the "by example" seemed
to make more sense to me. It could be for 2 reasons:
1. I had already read the first 2 books
2. I learn easiest when I see examples

There's more than one way to learn. :)

My 2 cents.