Phoenix.pm: Damn Cookies

jim jimm at amug.org
Mon Aug 9 05:56:19 CDT 1999

Not a pro on cookies but here are my red flags..

"Glen G. Walker" wrote:

> OK, I am going crazy. I have been trying all day to get a very easy script
> to work and it won't. The basic idea is just writing a cookie. I have

> $path = "/web/glen/shop";
> $cgipath = "/web/cgi-bin/glen/shop";

in the cookie protocol, I believe path should be something like "/" or "/cgi-bin/"

It should be a web directory rather than a server path.

> # Set cookie
>
> print "Set-Cookie:VISITOR=$visitor; expires=$expires; path=$cgipath;

> domain=$hostdomain"||&error;

oops... gotta have a "\n" here to let the server know you're done with the cookie
header. I think...

I generally use CGI.pm for everything also so I could be wrong here..

Jim McKay

--
A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention
in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and