[Philadelphia-pm] April 15, 6pm: Nice Interfaces in Raku with Terminal::UI

Brian Duggan bduggan at matatu.org
Wed Apr 7 10:31:45 PDT 2021

Hi Folks,

Okay -- official announcement, also at https://phl.pm.org --

  Date  : Thursday, April 15
  Time  : 6 pm ET
  Where : see below
  Who   : Brian
  What  :
    Nice Interfaces in Raku with Terminal::UI

    Building a console-based user interface can be fun and powerful, with a
    good set of building blocks.

    This talk explores Terminal::UI -- a new module for writing
    terminal interfaces in Raku.  We will walk through a number of
    examples, showing how to set up scrolling text boxes, popup alerts
    and keyboard-based events.

    We also look at the implementation, including concurrency,
    introspection, error handling and testing.
  How:
    RSVP at https://phl.matatu.org/ to get the URL and password.

Looking forward to it!

Brian