[Philadelphia-pm] Tomorrow -- Wednesday, the 25th. Vote::Count

Brian Duggan bduggan at matatu.org
Tue Sep 24 05:42:07 PDT 2019

Hi Folks --

Reminder that tomorrow we have:

Who: John Karr
Where: Industrious -- 230 S Broad, 17th-18th floor
When: September 25th, 6pm
What:

  Vote::Count

  Counting Better Voting Methods.

  The Ancient Greeks used Pebbles to count Ballots, today we use computers to
  count ballots, but the method of counting them is the same, and throwing
  Pebbles into Urns is more secure than many of our voting machines. Vote For
  One, Most Votes Wins only works well when there are only two choices. With
  Ranked Ballots Voters can express a list of preferences.

  Vote::Count is a Perl library for tabulating Election Results with Ranked
  and Range Ballots.

More details: http://phl.pm.org