[Philadelphia-pm] Robotstock STEM Expo

Robotstock Philly robotstockphilly at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 10:32:58 PDT 2019

 Be our guest!

The first FIRST robotics festival in the Philadelphia area!

Join us for a free summer event featuring interactive robots, hands on
science experiments, Maker’s Row, Girls in STEM Expo, and fun for all ages!
Your organization is invited to be our guest at the event. We only ask that
you bring an interactive activity or exhibit to the event.

Robotstock will be held at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center in Oaks,
PA, just minutes from Philadelphia, New Jersey, and Delaware on August 24th
and 25th. This event is the first of its kind featuring a full basketball
court size competition field with 120lb robots demonstrating their skills
and competing. The free event also features a large maker space, LEGO
robotics,  hands on science experiments, and even more robots!

The event will also feature a Girls in STEM Expo which will highlight
successful women in engineering, science, math, and various technology
fields. Girls are greatly underrepresented in STEM and this Expo will
feature role models and avenues to success of interest to all families, but
especially young women. Area Girl Scouts of all ages are invited to
participate, with attendance expected in the hundreds, to complete badge
requirements and enjoy the event.

FIRST Robotics, a global robotics program and competition, is the spotlight
of the event. Called, “The Sport For The Mind,” this program is for
students in grades K through 12. Hundreds of students who are already
engaged in this program will be attending the event to showcase their
robots and projects.

This free event is positioned to introduce families to FIRST robotics, STEM
programs, organizations, and opportunities for young women. Based on
similar events, none of which had free admission, we expect approximately
8,000 attendees over the course of the weekend. These attendees will be
eager to engage their children and teenagers in educational activities,
learning opportunities, and organizations who work with young women.

We are specifically wondering if you or anyone from the Philadelphia Perl
Mongers are interested in attending as a vendor or a speaker. We also have
a Maker Row and would love to showcase anyone that has projects that they
would like to show off.

We look forward to your participation!

Register at the link below:

https://forms.gle/hVSukyhezkenaj6WA

Jake Morris

Team Member FRC 6327 The Fighting Gophers

www.tinmints.net