[Philadelphia-pm] An Introduction and Inquiry About meetings

Scott Miller millerscotteric at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 20:40:27 PDT 2015

Hello all,

My name is Scott and I am learning Perl right now.  I decided to learn the
language because I'm teaching myself Linux administration and I wanted to
learn to program.  I've dabbled in other languages before, but never really
progressed beyond the beginner stage.  I decided on Perl since I know it's
useful in systems administration as well as web server programming.

I stumbled upon the Philly Perlmongers group while browsing the Perl.org
site, and I was excited to join a group, hoping that will give me more
incentive and opportunities to learn; however, the site hasn't been updated
since 2014, and when I inquired in the IRC group I found out that the group
hasn't met since 2014.  Is anyone else interested in meetings?

Thanks,

Scott