[Philadelphia-pm] ANNOUNCE: Phl.pm tech meeting on Monday, July 6

Walt Mankowski waltman at pobox.com
Thu Jul 2 19:41:36 PDT 2015

The Philadelphia Perl Mongers will be having a tech meeting on Monday,
July 6.  Mark Jason Dominus will be giving a talk on the history and
internals of lightweight hashes such as the ones Perl uses.  The
meeting will be from 7-9 PM in Room 508 of Skirkanich Hall at the
University of Pennsylvania.  Afterwards we will likely go out for
something to eat at a nearby restaurant.

Location
--------

If you've been following the earlier discussion on the list about
where we'd be meeting, please note that this is a different location.
We will NOT be meeting at Williams Hall.  If you go to Williams Hall,
you'll miss Mark's talk and will be sad.

Skirkanich Hall is at 210 South 33rd St.  It is a distinctive-looking
green brick building on the west side of 33rd just south of Walnut.  A
picture of the building and a map can be found here:

http://www.facilities.upenn.edu/maps/locations/skirkanich-hall

Skirkanich is in the same complex of buildings as where we used to
meet in Levine Hall, but it is much harder to get to since you can't
get in the front door without a Penncard, and it's a maze to get to
from the doors that are open.  Yixuan suggests that people arrive a
little early at the front door (under the overhang in the picture I
linked to above) and he will let us in [1].

See you Monday!

Walt

1. Alternatively you can enter through Towne or (if you're lucky and
   someone holds the door for you) Levine and walk through a maze of
   twisty passages all alike to get to Skirkanich Hall.  You're more
   likely to end up at the machine shop than Mark's talk.  Don't say I
   didn't warn you!