[Philadelphia-pm] Vaguely Perl-related

Nate Smith philapm at perlhack.com
Fri Aug 17 07:57:05 PDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 10:47:04AM -0400, Kurt Starsinic wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 10:33 AM, Nate Smith <philapm at perlhack.com> wrote:
> > If it's just prototyping, is there reason it needs to be hosted somewhere, as
> > opposed to just serving it up from a local machine?
>
> I can't get to a local machine from a smartphone, because the
> smartphone doesn't consider itself to be local even if it's in my
> house (and even if I could find a hack for that, I won't always be
> demoing it in my house).

I see - please forgive me in advance if you are already well aware of these
options, and have rejected them.

I presume you have access to your router; do you know how to forward a port to
an internal machine?

The other piece of the puzzle is to use dyndns / no-ip.org or some similar
service for keeping a hostname updated with your presumably-non-static IP.

If you want to discuss it, or want a hand, feel free to jump on the IRC channel
(I am on there now, too).

 irc.perl.org => #phl.pm

Cheers,
Nate