[Philadelphia-pm] GetOpt::Long::Descriptive or GetOpt::Simple?

Hans Dieter Pearcey hdp at pobox.com
Wed May 11 20:31:38 PDT 2011

On Wed, 11 May 2011 17:21:45 -0400, Randall A Sindlinger <rsindlin+pm at seas.upenn.edu> wrote:
> Getopt::Simple is flagged "Mature" in its DLSIP options [1], which seems like it
> would be preferable to Getopt::Long::Descriptive, since it's only "Released" [2].

As an aside, the only reason that Getopt::Long::Descriptive is registered and
has DLSIP information is because it was the first module I released, before I
realized that no one uses either of those things anymore.

That was in 2005.  Neither DLSIP nor the module list has gotten more useful
since then.

hdp.