[Philadelphia-pm] August meeting plans?

Randall Sindlinger rsindlin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 10:27:05 PDT 2011

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 11:53 AM, Walt Mankowski <waltman at pobox.com> wrote:

> Thanks, that's good to know.  If we don't have anything to present, I
> suppose we could do an hour of Q&A and then go get something to eat in
> the neighborhood.  Or we could just meet at a restaurant.
>
> Any thoughts either way?
>
> Walt
>
> I was definitely planning on attending.  I think keeping it a bit more
"official" and
convening for a bit, if only for Q & A, would be worthwhile.  It's great
that Darian can
keep the space for us, but I'd still consider it a "use it or lose it"
situation.  There are
plenty of folks that will just commandeer space if no one seems to be using
it :-)

On another note, I am definitely interested in keeping this group alive;
I've changed jobs,
and no longer work for Penn, but my new position involves a lot of perl
scripting, now on
unix *and* windows.  As such, PerlMongers has become more relevant to me
than PLUG
(Philly Linux User's Group).  Phl.pm and PLUG compete with each other
slightly in that they
are both evening meetings the 1st week of the month; when push comes to
shove, I'll be
choosing to make room for phl.pm over PLUG.

-Randall