[pgh-pm] POE and ppm

Chris Winters chris at cwinters.com
Wed Sep 28 06:38:19 PDT 2005

* Weber, Larry A (laweber at switch.com) [050927 08:32]:
> Has anyone in the group successfully installed POE 0.32 on an Win98 or WinXP
> PC?
>
> I have a local copy of the ppd and have it listed as repository in ppm.
> When I attempt to install POE I get an error message saying that it requires
> Carp to be installed.  I did a search for Carp and installed all of the
> modules (Why can't there be just one comprehensive package?), but the error
> remains.

I've installed POE on WinXP no problem. I have a batch file + set of
PPDs I use whenever installing Perl to a new Win32 machine. You can
grab an archive of them at:

  http://www.cwinters.com/raw/win32_perl_modules.zip

Note that it installs quite a few other modules as well, but hard
drive space is cheap!

Chris