[pgh-pm] [janet@apress.com: Thanks for registering with Apress!]

Casey West casey at geeknest.com
Fri Jan 28 09:55:46 PST 2005

This could come in handy.

----- Forwarded message from janet at apress.com -----

Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 11:00:56 -0600
From: janet at apress.com
To: casey at geeknest.com
Subject: Thanks for registering with Apress!

Dear Casey West,

Thank you for registering Pittsburgh Perl Mongers with Apress!

In this message you will find:

1.  Membership benefits
2.  Using your UG discount
3.  Earn books for your group
4.  The Apress Reviewer Program

*****

1. Let's review your membership benefits:

> 25% off regular Apress and friends of ED titles (info below).

> Free promotional items like glow-in-the-dark Apress t-shirts, bookmarks, foED t-shirts and highlighters your user group can use for raffles and giveaways.

> Free books in exchange for reviews

> Customized title lists: you tell us what sort of books you are looking for, and we'll compose a title list for you.

> If our authors are in your region, we'll be happy to arrange speaking engagements.

> Advanced PDF's or review copies of books before they are publicly released.

*****

2. To obtain the User Group discount:

A.) Place your order with 1-800-SPRINGER or sales at apress.com and make sure to mention the promotion code APRESSUG.
B.) When placing the order, be sure to mention the name of the user group
C.) Discount valid only in the U.S. and Canada. User Groups outside the U.S., please contact Stephanie Parker at Stephanie at svl.co.uk or +44 (0) 1483 414113

*****

3. We are happy to send Apress books for your raffles and giveaways! In exchange, we simply ask that the book winner publish a review on your user group website, a blog, or in a print publication.

*****

4. Members are also eligible to join our Reviewer Program. To earn free books, you write a review of any Apress or friends of ED title, and get it published in a publication, or heavily trafficked blog or website  (such as Slashdot). Then let me know where it's posted, and I'll send three free books! You can earn up to 12 per year!  If you don't know where to post your review, ask me for suggestions.

*****

Remember to get in touch the next time your user group has a big event, and I'll see what I can do to help. I look forward to keeping in touch!

Best,

Janet Crosbie
User Group Liaison

Apress
janet at apress.com
http://www.apress.com/

----- End forwarded message -----

  Casey West

--
Shooting yourself in the foot with Oracle
You decide to shoot yuourself in the foot and go out to buy a gun -