[pgh-pm] Happy New Year

Casey West casey at geeknest.com
Thu Jan 6 11:30:36 CST 2005

Things have probably settled down for most of us by now, so lets talk
about the January meeting. It will be held on January 12th, which is
next Wednesday.

Robert Blackwell is leading the way to establishing a PostgreSQL Users
Group in Pittsburgh, which I think is a great idea. He's asked for the
January meeting to be a joint meeting between interested PostgreSQL
Users (probably a large handful of us anyway) and the Perl
Mongers. That's another great idea, so that's what we're going to do.

This will be a technical and social meeting. We'll have one talk,
which will be me talking about PostgreSQL Replication using Slony-I. I
think Slony-I is a pretty cool project and I'll show you how to get it
up and running easily, and explain much of the jargon that made the
process difficult for me initially.

Socially, we'll have to find a place to go. Lately this has been
somewhat difficult so I propose a pre-plan. Lets go up to 20th and
eat South Side Steaks. At least if we walk this way and we don't like
the idea, something else will come up. :-)

  Casey West

--
Technology makes it possible for people to gain control over
everything, except over technology.