[pgh-pm] Perl DBI

Weber, Larry A laweber at switch.com
Thu Jul 1 08:55:09 CDT 2004

I was running ActiveState Perl version 5.6, Win98.  I had written a number
of DBI scripts that I tested and ran great with MySQL.  I upgraded to Perl
5.8 and now none of the DBI scripts run.  I get a rather lengthly error
message that I find useless:

Can't load 'C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/DBI/DBI.dll' for module DBI: load_file:One
of the library files needed to run this application cannot be found at
C:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
at C:/perl/site/lib/DBI.pm line 236
BEGIN failed==compliation aborted at C:/Perl/site/lib/DBI.pm line 236.
Compilation failed in required at gridwork.pl line 11.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at gridwork.pl line 11.

gridwork.pl is my script and line 11 is "use DBI;"

Any idea where I should start looking for my problem?