[Pdx-pm] May meetup next Wednesday, 22nd 6:53

Andrew Hewus Fresh andrew+pdxpm at afresh1.com
Wed May 15 15:41:39 PDT 2019

On May 15, 2019 5:13:58 PM EDT, Eric Wilhelm <enobacon at gmail.com> wrote:
> While you're marking your calendars, I believe we're on for Andrew's
> talk on June 12th (description coming soon.)

It's going to be a trial run of my Perl Conference talk

Open Sourcing DBIx::Class::Events

While I will explain a bit about what DBIx::Class::Events does and how
it works, this talk is primarily about open source contributions being
driven by the folks in a company who care about them and how it is up to
those people to provide the resources and knowledge to everyone else in
order to create an open source culture in the workplace. As far as I
know, no request to open source something has ever been denied by my
employer, Grant Street Group, and while the company has always had the
same "go for it" attitude, the folks writing code are only just starting
to gain momentum releasing things publicly. I'll talk about showing
other folks in the company the benefits of sharing code internally, how
that exposed the benefits of open-source in general, and how we as a
company progressed to getting DBIx::Class::Events onto the CPAN.

https://perlconference.us/tpc-2019-pit/schedule/

https://twitter.com/PerlConferences/status/1126531624378695681