[Pdx-pm] OSCON

Wendy G.A. van Dijk nl.pm at wendy.org
Tue Jan 29 11:58:17 PST 2019

Hi all,

On 15-18 July this year, OSON will be in Portland.
https://conferences.oreilly.com/oscon/oscon-or

I am sorry to say, but due to several circumstances, Liz and I will
not be there.  Also, due to other circumstances, Josh Mcadams and
several other possible booth managers cannot be there.

So, now the situation is like this:
* The Perl Foundation can ask for a community booth at OSCON, and I
guess the answer will be "yes, sure, it will be nice to have Perl
here again".  Done that, been there.
* I can send a package of swag to Portland for the booth: stickers,
buttons, tuits, brochures, Camelia stuffed toy butterflies, pens, maybe more.
* We can ask O'Reilly and other companies for some swag, and we'll
probably get some.

But we don't have people yet to manage the booth, people who can
receive the swag.

I hope some of you are interested to take this up and make the
Perl-booth a thing at OSCON.  If so, please let me and/or Josh
know.  If so, TPF will set things in motion, I will send a package of
swag, and ask O'Reilly and some other companies to send more.

Kind regards,

Wendy van Dijk