[Pdx-pm] Recommendations: Perl for Windows 2008 R2 server

Roderick Anderson raanders42 at gmail.com
Sat May 12 17:17:06 PDT 2018

Many years ago I built some scripts for a local ISP.  They ran for many
years despite it being on Windows systems.

They lost a server and are rebuilding it from scratch.  Problem is they
want a free-ish distribution.

   I'm thinking Strawberry Perl but haven't followed the Perl world much
lately.

I did find an article by brian d foy in 2011.  The only thing not
covered how admin friendly it is.

How easy or complex is it to install.  How about adding modules.  I will
probably be the one doing that and I am really out of touch with the
Windows world.

Any and all thoughts, suggestions, clue-sticks are welcome.

TIA,
Rod