[Pdx-pm] February Meeting - Documenting Perl and Alternatives to POD

Anthony Johnson aj at ohess.org
Fri Feb 6 17:29:34 PST 2015

Hey all!

It’s that time again! We’ll be meeting next week, Feb 12th. It seemed support for a downtown meetup was relatively high, if there is no objection, we’ll just host at the same venue as last month (PIE on NW 12th and Davis). Definitely send your feedback my way if you have any, we don’t want to exclude anyone.

So it’s not that we don’t like POD, but...

Stefan and I will be discussing some new alternatives to POD that we’ve both been working on. Stefan has been working on parsing Markdown[1] formatted documentation out of Perl source. I’ve been working on an extension to the Sphinx documentation engine[2] to support writing rST[3] formatted documentation in Perl source. Both attempts are in their infancy, so we’ll be looking for feedback and suggestions.

If anyone else would like to join in, or if someone wants to defend lowly ol’ POD, you’re welcome to join in as well.

More info: http://calagator.org/events/1250467805

See you all then,
Anthony

[1]: http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax