[Pdx-pm] Greetings PDX Perl Mongers!

Double Z zacharyz2010 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 23:43:29 PDT 2013

Hello everyone,

I'd just like to say thanks to everyone who showed up for the meeting
tonight. It's been many years since I last appeared at a Perl related
function and I'm glad I came out. I managed to learn several useful things.

Specifically, the discussion regarding Devel::NYTProf was an eye-opener.
I've always wanted something to tell me how much time is spent in different
parts of my code. I also appreciated the discussion regarding leak testing
which was something I'd always imagined to be much more difficult.

Finally I'd like to add that it was nice to be around some other Perl
programmers and hear about the kinds of projects that everyone is working
on and thinking about. It's not often that I can casually say the name
"Trumpet WinSock" during a conversation and get a laugh...

See you next month!

Sincerely,

-z