[Pdx-pm] April meeting?

Anthony Johnson aj at ohess.org
Mon Mar 25 14:07:30 PDT 2013

Sure -- in Perl, SockJS[1] and PocketIO[2] are middleware applications for
providing websocket servers. Sock.js and socket.io, respectively, are the
JS libraries that provide cross-browser websocket, or websocket like,
connections to the middleware.

1: https://github.com/vti/sockjs-perl
2: https://github.com/vti/pocketio

AJ

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 10:50:17AM -0700, Jonathan "Duke" Leto wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> AJ, can you give us some background on SockJS/PocketIO. I've never heard of
> or used them before.
>
> Duke
>
> On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 11:42 PM, Anthony Johnson <aj at ohess.org> wrote:
>
> > If no other topics come up, I could piggy back on that and contribute
> > a demo of sorts on PSGI +/- AnyEvent + SockJS/PocketIO -- I was
> > considering putting together something similar for Bar Camp next
> > weekend.
> >
> > AJ
> >
> > On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 11:21:03PM -0700, Eric Wilhelm wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > Who wants to give a presentation in April?  Got an osbridge talk
> > > proposal done yet?  I would like to get a plan in place by next
> > > Thursday.  If there's any interest, I might be able to do a live demo
> > > with twiggy+AnyEvent.
> > >
> > > --Eric
> > > --
> >
> > --