[Pdx-pm] Ruby on Rails exploit

Eric Wilhelm enobacon at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 18:31:00 PST 2013

# from Keith Lofstrom on Wednesday 09 January 2013:
>On Wed, Jan 09, 2013 at 01:39:11PM -0800, Ben Prew wrote:
>> http://xkcd.com/378/
>> --Ben
>
>Real programmers use solder.  -- Steve Ciarcia
>
>Mediated through butterflies. -- Randall Munroe?
>
>BTW, I posted the original comment because the consequences
>could affect some people here, and others of us might be
>able to help, not because RoR programmers are bad.

  http://xkcd.com/303/

Seriously though, 'include("http://example.com/root_me.php")' was never
a good idea.  This one has a few more layers in it, but still: Take a
standard household robot, attach an ethernet connection, assign a public
IP, hand it the soldering iron, and walk away.  What do you expect?

--Eric