[Pdx-pm] January Meeting - Module Interface/API design

Anthony Johnson aj at ohess.org
Tue Dec 31 11:11:31 PST 2013

Fellow Mongers,

Our first meeting of the new year will occur in a little over a week, on
Thurs Jan 9th -- same place, same time. Chad will be giving a two part
talk that night:

* Module Interface/API design
   Speaker: Chad 'Exodist' Granum <exodist7 at gmail.com>

> Most developers create a module when they want to solve a problem.
> Most focus goes into the inner-workings of the module. Interface
> often takes a backseat and is addressed as an afterthought. This
> approach to interface design leads to horrible headaches.
>
> For Part 1 Chad will be introducing several module interface
> paradigms. This includes a brief review of OO, as well as simple
> exporters and declarative builders. Examples from common CPAN modules
> will be given.
>
> For Part 2 chad will take attendees through an exercise in designing
> an API for an example module that is actually useful (and not simply
> a toy for the example). We will weigh the pros and cons of different
> interface possibilities as well as show a complete implementation.

For more info:
http://calagator.org/events/1250465416

Good riddance 2013, see y'all next year!
Anthony
--
Anthony
aj at ohess.org