[Pdx-pm] The Perl Renaissance - Tonight's meeting at PSU

Seven til Seven enobacon at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 16:44:45 PDT 2013

Hi all,

Please join me for my ninety-somethingth Portland Perl Mongers meeting
tonight where we endeavor to answer all questions about Perl ranging
from "What do you mean: multi-paradigmatic?" and "How can I have a mop
without a moose?" to "How do I list the 3rd word of every file in this
directory, recursively?" and "In reverse chronological order?".

This meeting features a special speaker speaking on a special day in a
special place.  Paul ("Paul") Fenwick promises not to poke any fun at
your accent while presenting The Perl Renaissance, a comedy in 16 acts,
including:

* Overhauling Perl’s Object Oriented framework with Moose.
* Using MooseX::Method::Signatures for beautiful classes.
* Building web applications using Dancer
* Not worrying about web servers by using Plack.
* Critiquing your code with Perl::Critic
* Write amazing regexps with named captures.
* Install new modules quickly and easily with cpanminus
* Manage Perl installations easily with perlbrew
* A whole swag of new features with perl 5.10–5.16
* Much, much more!

As usual (albeit norther and wester) the meeting will be followed by
social hour at the Lucky Lab Beer Hall at 1945 NW Quimby.

  http://calagator.org/events/1250464341

Agenda:

6:53 - 7:00  Nonsense and Giggling
7:00 - 7:30  Announcements