[Pdx-pm] Fwd: Participate in Hacker Lounge or BOFs at Open Source Bridge?

Eric Wilhelm enobacon at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 10:39:09 PDT 2012

----------  Forwarded Message From John Labovitz:  ----------

I'm the coordinator for the Hacker Lounge at this year's Open Source
Bridge conference (June 26-29, at the Eliot Center in downtown
Portland). As in previous years, we're encouraging local user groups to
participate in the conference. There are a couple of ways your group
might want to be involved.

First, we'll have a Community Night on Tuesday, June 26, from
6:30-9:30pm. We're looking to showcase specific open-source projects
that are looking for more community involvement. We'll have several
areas in the main space where people can sit down and learn about and
hack on a project. We're encouraging participants to make the event as
cooperative as possible -- that is, more of a hackfest/workshop than a
presentation. People will probably rotate around the different areas
over the evening.

The Hacker Lounge is also open on Wednesday and Thursday evenings; those
nights will likely be calmer and more low-key. (Thursday will be short:
the conference will be closing at 8pm to allow participants to attend
our off-site conference party.)

We'll also have some classrooms available on Tuesday, Wednesday, and
Thursday evenings for BOFs (birds-of-a-feather) sessions. If you'd like
to hold a regular or special meeting of your group, you're welcome to do
so as a BOF. The BoF sessions will be from 7-8:30pm and 8:30-10pm on
Tuesday and Wednesday, and 6:30-8pm on Thursday.

Although we certainly encourage all participants to register for the
full conference, we'll be opening the conference to the public during
the evenings, when the Hacker Lounge and BOFs are in full swing. We do
require evening attendees to register for a free pass, which is
available on our website at http://osb12.eventbrite.com/ .

Please let me know if you'd like to participate in the Community Night.
If you want to schedule a BOF, the easiest thing is to go here:

        http://opensourcebridge.org/events/2012bof/proposals

Finally, anyone who wants to volunteer with the conference is welcome to
apply. If you are able to commit at least 8 hours, you will receive a
free pass to the entire conference. To sign up to volunteer, visit
http://opensourcebridge.org/get-involved/ .

--
John Labovitz
Hacker Lounge Coordinator,