[Pdx-pm] Fwd: Perl QA Hackathon 2012 - Your help is needed

The Dread Parrot enobacon at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 22:03:41 PST 2012

----------  Forwarded Message:  ----------

Subject:  Perl QA Hackathon 2012 - Your help is needed
Date: Friday 27 January 2012 06:40
From: "Philippe Bruhat (BooK)"

Dear Perl Mongers,

We are organizing the 2012 edition of the Perl QA Hackathon in Paris,
France, at the end of March 2012. http://2012.qa-hackathon.org/

Since I assume most people know what the Perl QA Hackathon is, I'll
 only give brief details on the event: we are inviting some of the best
 QA and CPAN experts in the Perl community to spend three days together
 to exchange and code in relation with those topics. The expected
 results are improvements to the CPAN and Test toolchains, as well as
 numerous fixes in a variety of CPAN distributions.

This is a work meeting, NOT a conference open to the general public:
 the attendees are selected and invited by the organizers. They will
 give their time, knowledge and energy for three days, all for the
 greater good of the community; this is why we would like to cover
 their costs to the best of our ability, by sponsoring travel,
 accomodation and catering for them.

The large number of attendees coming from outside Europe means we'll
 need to spend more on travel funds. We already have received
 significant sponsorship from companies and Perl organizations (and we
 are still looking for sponsors), but our current income doesn't fully
 cover our expected expenses. This is why we are now turning to the
 community, in the hope that the addition of small individual donations
 will help us close our budget gap and sponsor all attendees that need
 funding.

We have setup a PayPal account, and accept donations in three
currencies. The donate button and list of donors is available at:
http://2012.qa-hackathon.org/qa2012/donate.html

Our budget is public, so you can get a better view of how much
sponsors are giving, and how much we need:
http://2012.qa-hackathon.org/qa2012/budget.html

Any surplus from the event will be passed on in full to the
organizers of the next Perl QA Hackathon (scheduled for 2013).

Thanks a lot in advance,

Philippe Bruhat,
Laurent Boivin,
Perl QA Hackathon 2012 organizers