[Pdx-pm] Fwd: SPUG: IIS on Windows 7 caching code differently than previous version

miken at mikenpdx.com miken at mikenpdx.com
Wed Apr 25 13:10:36 PDT 2012

I've been noticing some problematic caching behavior as well on a similar set up documented on that link you provided where I've been running AS Perl 5.14 along with IIS 7.5.  Given that there other installations of sites running a similar web site configuration I'm working on where they were using AS PERL 5.10, my inclination was to back out 5.14 and go to 5.10, but I was told of another IIS setting to check to ensure that caching isn't being done as well. that might also be affecting things.

Go to IIS manager app on your IIS machine and select the appropriate web site you want to have it scoped for and then click on the "Output caching" icon.

You probably have a line in there already with a setting for ".cgi" with User-Mode Policy set to "Prevent all caching" and a Kernel-mode Policy set to "no caching".  Edit this and click on the "Kernel-Mode policy checkbox and set it to "Prevent all caching" as well.  I was given an example that also had this set for ".pl" and ".pm" extensions as well, both with setting all settings to "prevent all caching" too.  I'm going to see if this changes things and if it doesn't revert back to AS PERL 5.10.

- Mike