[Pdx-pm] local::lib question

Eric Wilhelm enobacon at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 11:19:37 PDT 2011

# from Jonathan "Duke" Leto on Wednesday 07 September 2011 20:42:
> 2011/9/7 Tom Keller <kellert at ohsu.edu>:
>> $ perl -Mlocal::lib
>> should return the env variables for module build. But nothing is
>> returned.

It prints nothing at all?

>> but I have this in ~/.bashrc
>> export MODULEBUILDRC="$HOME/perl5/.modulebuildrc"
>> and .modulebuildrc contains this:
>> install  --install_base  /Users/kellert/perl5/lib
>
>That sounds like an interesting bug. Which version of local::lib ?

That's a good point.  Probably an older version of local::lib or
Module::Build, or maybe some failed attempt at back-compat.  Earlier
versions of Module::Build (pre 0.36) didn't have the PERL_MB_OPT
environment variable, so you had to use the rc file -- so local::lib
would just write one and use MODULEBUILDRC as above.

>strace perl -Mlocal::lib
>> I did just upgrade to "Lion", OS X 10.7.

IIRC, on OS X, that's going to be 'dtrace' -- and it used to include
only ktrace or something.

--Eric
--
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not
tried it."