[Pdx-pm] Job opening: Web Application Developer

Noah Nakell noah at pcdgroup.com
Wed May 4 16:11:12 PDT 2011

Hi PDX Perl People,

I hope this is the right forum for posting local Perl jobs. My apologies, if not. We have a job opening at PCD Group, if anyone is interested. Our office is on Front Avenue, right on the Willamette. The gorgeous view is one of our perks!

PCD Group, a Portland Oregon interactive agency specializing in web application development and online marketing for the financial service industry has an opening for a full-time Web Application Developer to join our team.

The ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Strong knowledge of Perl, HTML, JavaScript and CSS, and a strong understanding of object oriented programming principles
- 4+ years of professional experience as a programmer building websites and database-driven web applications
- Solid experience creating front-end code based on comps provided by a designer
- Experience working with JavaScript libraries such as jQuery or Prototype
- Should be comfortable creating web-ready images from existing Photoshop files
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL
- Experience working with MVC frameworks
- Deep understanding of cross-browser development
- Familiarity with other languages is a plus (JSP, Actionscript/Flash, PHP, Ruby on Rails, etc.)

The successful applicant will be responsible for a variety of projects ranging from private intranet web applications to large scale, public facing Internet sites; including front-end web development and back-end CGI programming.

This position requires someone that is driven, positive and a quick learner who can be a contributor to our small team of other top performers.  Candidate must be an energetic, self-motivated problem solver who works well in a team environment and has excellent written and verbal communication skills.  The ability to work in a fast-paced open-office environment and enjoy working on a variety of projects simultaneously is required; agency experience is preferred.

PLEASE SUBMIT A COVER LETTER, RESUME AND AVAILABILITY TO technicaljobs at pcdgroup.com.  PLEASE NOTE, THIS IS AN IN-HOUSE, FULL-TIME POSITION.

PCD Group offers a competitive salary and excellent benefit package (including medical and dental insurance, 401K plan and paid time off). If you enjoy working in a collaborative team environment with other bright and talented professionals and meet the above requirements, we look forward to hearing from you.

Since 1996, PCD Group has been integrating the possibilities of cutting edge technology with strategic marketing to deliver interactive solutions. PCD Group's capabilities include: Online Marketing, E-Commerce Applications, Reporting Applications, CRM Applications, Content Management Systems, and Training & Education Tools.

Noah Nakell, Technical Director

PCD Group  |  Interactive Marketing & Technology | www.pcdgroup.com