[Pdx-pm] Oct 16 Gathering of Parrot Developers: Space Wanted

James E Keenan jkeen at verizon.net
Mon Sep 20 17:21:31 PDT 2010

Friends,

I will be in Portland during part of the second week in October.  I
hope to be attending the PDX.pm meeting scheduled for Wed, Oct 13.
The following Saturday, I'm suggesting we organize a gathering of the
Parrot developers who live in the Pacific Northwest -- and anyone
else who wants to make their way to Portland on Sat, Oct 16.

I've written a more complete posting about this idea on the Parrot
blog and on the parrot-dev mailing list; you can read that here:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/27xa2va

But we don't have a space for this gathering yet.  Ideally, we'd like
a space that would be comfortable for 5-15 people to meet from approx
900 to 1800 or 1900 hours.  We would need adequate wireless Net
access.  But otherwise our needs would be minimal.  (And we hope our
costs will be, too :-) )  The morning part of our session would
mainly be a discussion among Parrot developers, but I imagine that in
the afternoon it will simply be a hacking session in which all other
open source developers are welcome to drop by.

If you have suggestions for a suitable location, please send them to
me and/or Jonathan Leto.  If you see me lurking on #pdx.pm, you can
ping me there as well.

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan