[Pdx-pm] OT: Looking for a good Windows Admin support group or web site

Eric Wilhelm enobacon at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 22:03:44 PST 2010

# from Jonathan Leto
# on Friday 29 January 2010 20:15:

>You should unsubscribe and ask somewhere else.

Well.  Now that's uncalledfor.  Especially from a top-poster.  ;-)

>2010/1/29 Kris Bosland <kris at bosland.com>:
>> Sorry this is offtopic, but are there any good windows support
>> groups in the area, or would people recommend a particular online
>> community?  I would like to start doing more administration of the
>> windows machines my family uses and I am looking for resources.

You may well need a support group if you're going to admin a lot of
family machines with windows.  Nothing jumps out at me, but you might
want to peruse calagator:

  http://calagator.org/events/search?query=windows

My family runs Linux and yours probably could too.  Maybe visit the PLUG
clinic on the third Sunday at Free Geek.

But it is indeed off-topic Kris, unless you're thinking of giving a talk
on automating windows administration with Perl, which would be quite
interesting.  But it's not like we're suffering from excessive chatter
at the moment.

--Eric
--
"But as to modern architecture, let us drop it and let us take
modernistic out and shoot it at sunrise."