[Pdx-pm] [RE]CPAN

Erik Hollensbe erik at hollensbe.org
Thu Jan 7 12:04:30 PST 2010

On 1/7/2010 2:59 PM, paul rogers wrote:
> >If you wish to script this process, I've had good success automating dev
> >environment setup with Module::Install (and
> >Module::Install::AutoInstall). You still have to do first-time
> >configuration of CPAN, though.
>
> I'm giving that a try.
>
> >With Linux From Scratch (LFS), he doesn't have any other option. I've
>
> Correct.
Your system is your business, but if you want a lean system that has
modern amenities, NetBSD and FreeBSD can probably deal with your
hardware a lot better than a recent 2.6 kernel and environment. I'll
leave this topic alone after this email, but I wanted to exclaim that
you have a more options if you wish to explore them.

-Erik