[Pdx-pm] Introduction to Parrot -- February meeting next Wed.

Jonathan Leto jaleto at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 13:04:10 PST 2010

Howdy,

Good question! Parrot 2.0.0 just came out, so installing that on your
laptop when you come by would be useful. You can check if your package
management system has it, but you can also download it directly from
[0]. You can also checkout the latest svn with:

  svn co https://svn.parrot.org/parrot/trunk parrot

or if you prefer git (you should), use my github mirror with

git clone git at github.com:leto/parrot.git

Reading "The Parrot Primer" [1]  would also be a good idea.

Duke

[0] - ftp://ftp.parrot.org/pub/parrot/releases/stable/2.0.0/parrot-2.0.0.tar.gz
[1] - http://docs.parrot.org/parrot/latest/html/docs/intro.pod.html