[Pdx-pm] Sourcing profile from within cgi script

Daniel Herrington dherrington at robertmarktech.com
Fri Apr 16 09:31:33 PDT 2010

All,

I've been looking into ways to source a shell profile from within a perl
script to get the shell variables into the perl environment. From
comments online it is recommended to source the environment before
executing the perl script itself, and then the variables will be
accessible to the script.

I don't think this solution will work since the script is being executed
as a cgi through apache, they would have to source the profile in the
environment of the user who started the apache process.

As another alternative, I've started to look into the module
Shell::EnvImporter but it doesn't mention anything about cgi. HAs anyone
worked with this module before?

thanks,
--
Daniel B. Herrington