[Pdx-pm] learn.perl.org rework (TPF grant)

Eric Wilhelm enobacon at gmail.com
Mon May 4 12:47:55 PDT 2009

# from Michael R. Wolf
# on Monday 04 May 2009 11:43:

>Link styles (color and decoration) are a de-facto standard.  DO NOT
>CHANGE THEM.  Invest CCS creativity elsewhere.

Thanks, but I'm probably done with the CSS creativity investment.  I
could try to make it uglier if that would help someone else to just
replace it.  When I mess with these things, hours dissappear and it
ends up looking exactly like it did when I started. :-D

>best perceived affordance of clickability, though there are a few
>exceptions to these guidelines.

I dunno.  Seems like anyone with difficulties is going to get themselves
a browser with a sufficient number of knobs that whatever suggested
coloring caused by CSS is irrelevant.

But, if you really want affordances, try something besides color.

  a:before {content: "☞"}
  a:after  {content: "☜"}

--Eric
--
hobgoblin n 1: (folklore) a small grotesque supernatural creature that
          makes trouble for human beings