[Pdx-pm] 5.10.1 code sprint

Jonathan Leto jaleto at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 16:42:36 PDT 2009

Howdy,

I think we should all have a short plan for what we want to accomplish
at the code sprint. Small, focused goals are best.

I think if everyone learns how to

a) get a copy of the perl git repo
b) keep it in sync
c) run the perl test suite, including running a single test at a time
d) submit a small documentation patch

then we will have a great start. If we get to fixing real internals
bugs at our first sprint then that is awesome-sauce with unicorn
sprinkles.

Some useful links for our recently planned code sprint:

Unresolved RT tickets that are blocking 5.10.1 :
http://rt.perl.org/rt3/Public/Search/Simple.html?Query=MemberOf=66092%20AND%20Status!=%27resolved

Using the Perl git repo:
http://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git/blob/HEAD:/pod/perlrepository.pod
(short and sweet)

How to hack the Perl internals:
http://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git/blob/HEAD:/pod/perlhack.pod (kinda
scary)

If you checkout perl from git below, then you can read the above with
"perldoc pod/perlrepository.pod" instead of reading POD source.

Also, I highly recommend everyone clone the perl5 git repo before the
sprint, it is somewhere around 100-150Mb :

$ git clone git://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git

Note that cloning over http is *considerably* slower. Not fun.

If you have more suggestions, let us know.

Duke

--

Jonathan Leto
jonathan at leto.net