[Pdx-pm] Testing WYDIWYS

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Wed Jul 22 10:51:54 PDT 2009

I need some Mac help!

WYDIWYS ( What You Draw Is What You See ) is a webslide image
presentation tool, with some ideas stolen from Eric Wilhelm's
Text::Slidez .  It uses keyCodes to navigate.  I've tested it
with Firefox on Linux, and Firefox, IE8, and Chrome on Win7 .

I don't have a Mac, but I would like to know what it does with
Safari (you will need to enable Javascript and Flash).  MacMongers,
if you would be so very kind,  please point your web browser at:

  http://server-sky.com/wydiwys

Look at the usage instructions, then start the presentation:

  http://server-sky.com/slides/wydiwys_demo/

Let me know if the keyboard navigation works.  Extra bonus points
if you have a USB wireless presenter and try that as well.

If this works right, the testing should only take a minute or two.

Keith

P.S. - the actual wydiwys presentation synthesis code is written
(I use the term loosely) in Perl, making it vaguely relevant to
this list.  Please do not look at the code within 4 hours of eating,
as I am a PerlMangler, only wishing to be a PerlMonger.