[Pdx-pm] Ask For It

chromatic chromatic at wgz.org
Thu Jan 15 15:03:14 PST 2009

On Thursday 15 January 2009 14:35:23 Addie M wrote:

> I'm willing to change myself a bit to accomodate the culture, but the
> culture has not changed at all to accomodate me, and that's why "the sooner
> they learn this stuff, the better off we all will be!" hit a wrong note
> with me.  Until there's a little give on each side, expect to see a
> persistent lack of diversity in this field.

I wish I had something better to add to this discussion than what Addie has
said, but it's satisfying to agree completely.

With that said, are there specific ideas or practices that PDX.pm (or other
communities of which we are part) can do to encourage everyone who may be
interested but isn't a middle-class white male age 21 - 45 to participate more
fully in the community?

-- c