[Pdx-pm] Trends in Internet usage

jeff jeff at vpservices.com
Wed Apr 8 17:23:21 PDT 2009

Thanks to all for the suggestions so far.  A bit more context since you
seem interested: it's for a large international NGO that has about a
dozen mailing lists totalling 100,000 subscribers and about half a dozen
websites.  In the past the websites have been almost nothing other than
a way to draw people into the mailing lists but now we are moving
towards spiffy (general adjective, no reference to Ingy) ontology-based
inter-searchable sites, targeted feeds, etc.  Obviously we don't want to
ignore the list subscribers, they will still be our core, but we need to
figure out where to put our emphasis.   The target population is very
specialized - people involved in treaty negotiation - so the general
public is not really our concern.

--
Jeff