[Pdx-pm] Need XS Help

Ingy dot Net ingy at ingy.net
Wed Mar 19 22:14:13 PDT 2008

On 19/03/08 18:43 -0700, Michael G Schwern wrote:
> I have a project to write a C library in Perl functions and I am totally hosed
> trying to figure out how to deal with structs and non-standard types.  I sort
> of understand what to do, but I'm having trouble making it gel.  I need a
> second brain.  If anyone has experience with XS and is willing to sit down
> with me for an hour or so it would be much appreciated.  I will provide booze
> and food.

Schwern,

You might want to take a look at YAML-LibYAML, my binding to libyaml.
Since it is YAML is basically needs to touch on a lot of the various
things you probably need to touch on.

The Perl XS code is all in:

    http://search.cpan.org/src/INGY/YAML-LibYAML-0.26/LibYAML/perl_libyaml.c

Hope that helps some.