[Pdx-pm] CGI::Application?

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Fri Jan 18 20:29:22 PST 2008

J. Shirley wrote:
> On Jan 18, 2008 5:45 PM, Roderick A. Anderson <raanders at acm.org
> <mailto:raanders at acm.org>> wrote:
>
>     Are there issues with CGI::Application running on Windows systems?
>
>     It looks to fit the bill; several small-ish applications; but so far I'm
>     having very little success with it.
>
>     Silently fails even in the debugger and in the case of
>     CGI::Application::Mailform it didn't appear to even access the module.
>     Just ran it's way into and back out of CGI::Application.
>
>     This after getting no where with CAP::DBH yesterday.
>
>     So please tell me it is me and CGI::Application actually works well on
>     Windows.
>

>     Rod
>     --
>

> If Windows is a requirement, you may want to look into Catalyst.  It's
> had great success in Windows environments, although IIS can be a bit of
> a pain in the ass.

None of the stuff I'm doing requires the _features_ of Catalyst.  It is
a mostly Windows shop I'm doing this for but tossing in Catalyst and all
it's interesting requirements wouldn't fly.  (Having used Catalyst and
loved it I'd be too tempted to freeping ceaturism.)  I thought I'd found
a lighter weight framework in CGI::Application.

Well I'll keep trying.

Thanks,
Rod