[Pdx-pm] App/Module review?

Erik Hollensbe erik at hollensbe.org
Sun Dec 21 08:36:44 PST 2008

On Sat, 2008-12-20 at 23:32 -0800, Chad Granum wrote:
> I finally got my server up again, now I can share a git repo for PPBS.
>
> git clone ssh://anonymous@open-exodus.net/server/git/PPBS
> Password: anonymous
>
> This is the repo I will be pushing all ym changes to in an svn central
> server style.
>
> Anonymous has no write access, you can pull or clone, but not push.
>
> If you want to contribute let me know and I will probably give you an
> account w/ write access to the repo.

You can use git-daemon to provide this functionality (and it's faster,
and login free using the git:// protocol).

I see you mentioning gitosis later in the thread, but as I understand
that's typically more useful if you have lots of users that need to
create repositories.

If you want people to fork so you can easily see it and then pull from
their forks easily, github is likely the simplest solution right now.
You can set up git easily enough (edit your config and setup multiple
url= lines in your remote) to push to both places.

-Erik