[Pdx-pm] OT : hosting providers

Jeff Zucker jeff at vpservices.com
Fri Oct 26 09:33:23 PDT 2007

I need to find a hosting provider that has all of the usual suspects -
*nix, shell access, modern perl, reasonable support, established track
record, etc. - and some unusual ones (for this list at least) - PHP,
well-tuned MySQL with drop, temp table, and lock table perms[1].  My
immediate need is a home for a medium-sized Portland non-profit
organization but eventually I'd like to move my own stuff there.

Please email me off list unless someone else is interested in the answers.

Thanks!

[1] I mention those perms because amazingly I have had three different
ISPs tell me they supported those and then, when I tried, it turned out
they didn't and wouldn't.

--
Jeff