[Pdx-pm] SVN and template toolkit

Michael G Schwern schwern at pobox.com
Wed Oct 10 15:30:39 PDT 2007

Thomas Keller wrote:
> Hi,
> I thought I'd give subversion a try. So checked out my website files
> that I maintain with ttree (template toolkit).
> I had updated the ttree.cfg file for this project, but ttree gave a
> bunch of "Permission denied" messages trying to update to
> .svn/various_directories.
>
> Is there a trick to using template toolkit and subversions?

Smells like a basic Unix permissions issue.  Do you have write permission on
those files in question?  Is it possible you made the checkout with one user
(maybe the web user) and tried to commit with another (your personal account)?

To avoid this sort of thing, I'd recommend leaving the checkout your web site
is running on alone and have a second checkout to develop on.  Then when your
development is complete just do an "svn up" from the web site checkout.

--
Hating the web since 1994.