[Pdx-pm] Parrot on Windows

Kris Bosland krisb at ring.org
Wed Oct 3 12:01:54 PDT 2007

	Hey, I am interested in starting to try out Parrot.  Since I am
doing all my work on Windows these days (=() I am trying to get it built
there.  It seems like a good time since it sounds like there is a mostly
working LUA port and I am also interested in learning LUA.

	I am trying to get compilation working with the microsoft Visual
Studio stuff, but I am not familiar enough to know how to run it outside
of the IDE.  I found this web page:

http://www.winprog.org/tutorial/msvc.html

which mentions: cl foo.c

So I tried:

"c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\bin\vcvars32.bat"
parrot-0.4.16>perl Configure.pl
--cc="c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\bin\cl.exe"
--link="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\bin\link.exe"

but I got:

Finding header files distributed with
Determining what C compiler and linker to use...Compilation failed with
'c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\bin\cl.exe'

I don't see any specific directions in the readme or in online searching.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

-Kris