[Pdx-pm] off topic (x2): web 2.0 "legal" video and business coaching

Chris Dawson xrdawson at gmail.com
Tue May 15 14:52:59 PDT 2007

Hi everyone,

If you are an entrepreneur, and I think many on these lists are, I thought
you might find these items of interest:

1.  Martin Medeiros from the local law firm Swider, Medeiros, Haver LLP gave
a talk on "podcasting and the law" at an "install-fest" event we held at our
offices last week.  He allowed us to post the video which is chock full of
good advice on trademarks, content ownership, and more, all important issues
for the web 2.0 entrepreneur.  There was a handout, which I don't have a
copy of any longer, so email me and I will put you in touch with him if you
need that.  You can watch the video here:

http://www.boxpopuli.com/videos.html

2.  I took a business coach about nine months ago and it has been a
transformative experience for me.  I've experienced being in this business
as being fraught with struggle primarily because I look at myself as having
quite a few fatal flaws.  The coaching I've been doing has been extremely
helpful for me in this respect.  Last week I went to a CEO council, a small
group featuring some real giants from the Oregon tech industry, and the
topic was executive coaching.  I was super surprised to realize that these
pillars of the industry were in the same boat as me.  It was really
energizing and reassuring to see that many of the people I really identified
with in this discussion had also felt the need to get help in the form of
executive or business coaching.  I bring this up because my coach is holding
an event to introduce people to the concept.  He is quite unique in that he
is very, very experienced with technology, which many business coaches
cannot say.  If you are interested in learning more, go to this site:

http://causeit.org/causeit/events.html

Thanks, and now back to the hacking.

Chris