[Pdx-pm] Kwiki with Scode CAPTCHA - a fix for kwiki?

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Mon May 14 02:56:03 PDT 2007

Keith Lofstrom <keithl at kl-ic.com> wrote:
> Instead, I added Kwiki::Scode and Kwiki::Edit::Scode to my plugins,
> which adds a 6 numeral captcha to the edit page.  This will not make
> wikispam impossible, but it should slow it down a bit.  You can try
> it out on a test page at wiki.dirvish.org .

Actually, Kwiki::Edit::Scode is busted.  I spent far too long finding
that the module has some errors (a skilled Perl Monger would find it
in minutes, no doubt, but none are using Kwiki::Scode ??? :-/ ).

In any case, kwiki works fine with captcha when you edit HomePage, but
it also edits HomePage if you try to edit any other page.  I did not
do an adequate test earlier.  Of course, neither do the install tests.
My wife the user pointed out she could not edit a daughter page.  Duh, I
should have tested that.  But then, she is a doctor and a diagnostician.

The fix is simple - there are three places in the Kwiki::Edit::Scode
module where the string "page_id" is used;  those should all be
replaced with the string "page_name".  After that, delete the templates
and run "kwiki -update" for each affected kwiki.

I may find more flaws tomorrow, but for now my wife can edit her wiki.
I will edit all my wikis then, when I am awake.  Perhaps someone can
tell me the proper way to submit the bug fix to ingy .

Oh boy! My first CPAN bug fix!  And if I don't get some sleep, maybe
my last ...

Keith