[Pdx-pm] collaborative editor demo

Michael G Schwern schwern at pobox.com
Wed Mar 28 01:50:51 PDT 2007

Eric Wilhelm wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been wanting to do a gobby or emacs collaborative editing demo for
> a while now.  I'm thinking a 10-15 minute bit at the beginning of the
> next meeting.  I will need a few volunteers to get there early enough
> to setup and test.  For emacs, you need X11 forwarding over ssh.  Gobby
> is:
>
>   http://gobby.0x539.de/trac/
>
> Others?  Does it need to be a bigger time-slot? (post-meeting or
> otherwise?)

<rant>
I have one question: am I stuck using your editor?

I have this complaint about SubEthaEdit.  Collaborative editing, great idea!
Oh, I have to use your shitty editor that's playing feature catch-up with
everyone else.  Bye now.

Why oh why can't we have the collaborative part without the editor part?
</rant>