[Pdx-pm] Fwd: YACP::Europe re-scheduled to start a day earlier!

The Dread Parrot scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 09:07:41 PST 2007

----- Forwarded message from Thomas Klausner <domm at cpan.org> -----

From: Thomas Klausner <domm at cpan.org>
Subject: [Conferences] YACP::Europe re-scheduled to start a day
 earlier! Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 11:01:43 +0100
To: conferences at yapceurope.org

The bad news: The Conference has to be rescheduled slightly

The ESC Congress 2007 is even bigger than we thought. They expect
 15.000 cardiologists, plus their spouses! Due to this, there is nearly
 not a single bed available in Vienna for the night from Friday, 31st
 August to Saturday, 1st September.

As we do not want to force you to leave on the last day of the
 conference, we decided to
  **reschedule YAPC::Europe to Tuesday, 28th to Thursday, 30th
 August.**

We are very sorry for this, and do hope that it does not cause any
 problems for anybody who might have already booked his or her flights
 or hotel. If this change does cause you some problems, please inform
 us, and we'll see what we can do to help you.

The good news: Register or submit a talk until 31th March and win a
 book!
---

We have two coffee-table books (one including a DVD) on Vienna to
 raffle off. To enter the contest, all you need to do is to either
 register for the conference and pay your ticket, or submit a talk
 proposal until 31th March.

-  Zentralfriedhof Vienna: The living Graveyard. Including DVD:
 Universum Documentary A documentary about the Zentralfriedhof, which
 is the second largest cemetery by area and largest by number of
 interred in Europe. In German and English.

-  Wien. Tradition und Moderne. by Doris Simhofer This book is
   German only, but has lots of nice photos :-)

Winners will be announced on 3th April.

YAPC::Europe 2007 website:
--------------------------

http://vienna.yapceurope.org