[Pdx-pm] kwiki, Mediawiki, PHP, and the Dark One

Michael G Schwern schwern at pobox.com
Thu Mar 1 22:09:18 PST 2007

chromatic wrote:
> On Thursday 01 March 2007 17:42, Michael G Schwern wrote:
>
>> Its the thing that drives bloody Wikipedia used by
>> bazillions of people every day with code audited by thousands.
>
> ~snicker~
>
> I'm sorry, it's just that you used the phrase "code audit" with a plural noun
> greater than maybe three people.
>
> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/security/2004/09/16/open_source_security_myths.html

<rant>
What a bitch-fest that article is.  Commercial programmers don't know jack
about security, either.  Maybe one in a thousand will have a professional
come in and have a look.  At least when you're doing it open you know you're
working in front of a window.  I don't know how many times I've seen
insecure commercial code written with the excuse that nobody will guess
where the hole is.
</rant>